Dentures and Partials – Gainesville, FL
Restoring Smiles with Reliable Tooth Replacements
Whether it is a few or all your teeth that are missing, it can be devastating to your self-esteem and oral health. While you’re busy hiding behind your hands each time you speak to someone or a camera appears, your mouth (and face) are undergoing a transformation that will have you seeing someone in the mirror you may not recognize. To prevent this, Drs. Art and Kim Mowery offer partials and dentures in Gainesville. For years, patients have achieved success with this type of restorative dentistry, and so can you! In fact, with dentures, you can take back your smile and your facial appearance, feeling more confident than ever about the way you look.
Signs You Need Full or Partial Dentures
If you think dentures are only available to people over the age of 60, you’ll be surprised to learn that younger individuals are now seeking partial or full dentures as a chosen method of restorative treatment. Recent surveys indicate that by 2020, female denture wearers over 40 will increase from 33.6 million to 37.9 million.
For individuals who practice good oral hygiene habits throughout their life, the likeliness for dentures may be less, but dependent upon how well you keep up with your teeth and gum health, there are ways to tell if you will be talking to your dentist about dentures in the future, some of which include:
- Your teeth are loose or beginning to shift
- Your visits to the dentist are not every six months like they should be
- Toothaches are a normalcy
- Your gums are red, tender, swollen, and often bleeding
- You already have one or multiple missing teeth
- Certain foods are more difficult to consume
- Indigestion is a common occurrence
Benefits of Full and Partial Dentures
If you’re struggling to decide whether full or partial dentures are right for you, we encourage you to consider the many benefits this type of restorative dentistry offers to patients with missing teeth, such as:
- Improved appearance – Facial sagging or collapse will no longer be a concern because of the fixtures in your mouth that will fill out your cheeks and restore your smile.
- Ability to Chew and Speak – Without teeth, you will notice your ability to perform certain “normal” tasks are difficult. However, with dentures, you will be able to eat and chew with confidence as well as speak with clarity.
- Affordability – There are other restorative methods out there that offer permanence and greater stability, but they also cost considerably more. With dentures and partials, you can achieve desired results at a much lower cost.
What You Should Know Before Getting Dentures
Before you move forward with full or partial dentures, it is in your best interest to have all the information you need. We certainly don’t want you to make a decision about your dental care without being 100% confident about it. To help in your decision-making process, here are a few things you should know about this tried and true treatment:
- Dentures look completely natural – There is no need to worry about the appearance of your “false teeth.” With the advancements in dentistry, your new smile will look completely natural. From the materials used to the techniques and technology, your artificial teeth and gums will appear as if they have been a part of your mouth all along.
- They are comfortable to wear – In George Washington’s day, dentures were made of wood, and they were certainly not made to be comfortable. Fortunately, times have changed, and dentures are now lighter and can more closely conform to your jaw and gums, making it a much more pleasing experience.
- They’re not made to last forever – As great as they are, dentures are unfortunately not designed to last a lifetime. Over time, changes in your jaw and facial structure will lead to relining, readjusting, and replacing your dentures.
How to Get Started
If you are searching for a “dentist near me,” to help restore your smile to its original beauty, look no further than Drs Art & Kim Mowery. Their expert knowledge and experience will have you not only seeing beautiful results but an increase in your confidence level. No one should have to go through life with missing teeth, so if you’re ready, get started today by calling us to schedule a consultation. We will be happy to assist you!